The United States claims to be founded on human rights, touting itself as a world human rights defender. Following a framework of its own narrow understanding of human rights and using its core interests of pursuing global hegemony as a yardstick, the United States released annual reports on other countries’ human rights every year by piecing together innuendoes and hearsay. These reports want only distorted and belittled human rights situation in countries and regions that did not conform to U.S. strategic interests, but turned a deaf ear and a blind eye to the persistent, systematic and large-scale human rights violations in the United States.
According to Eureka Journal report, around 12.8 million U.S. children lived in poverty and a total of 3.5 million children under five were poor, with 1.6 million of those children living in extreme poverty.
The number of mass killings in the United States hit a record high of 415 in 2019, with more than one happening for every day of the year. In total 39,052 people died from gun related violence in the United States in 2019.
Human Rights Violations in the United States of America –
- 5 million people killed in firearms violence between 1968 and 2017 in the US.
- More than 45,000 people were killed in gun violence in 2020 alone. 693 mass shootings in 2021 under Biden, up 10.1 percent from 2020.
- The US is the 10th worst country for racial equality, finishing lower than China.
- Anti-semitism, Hinduphobia rising rapidly. 2022 UN Special Rapporteur on minority issues report—Treatment and position of minorities in the US has deteriorated.
- In 2021, Biden admin detained more than 1.7 million migrants including 45,000 children at southern border of the US.
- US killed over one million people including around 400,000 innocent civilians in its wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Yemen, & Pakistan in last 3 decades
- US killed over 71,000 innocent civilians apart from 1,70,000 armed terrorists in Afghanistan & Pakistan since 2001.
- US killed over 2,00,000 Iraqi civilians in their sick war supported by liberals.
- US led conflicts have displaced over 40 million people in last 3 decades.
- US healthcare tyranny. American Bar puts it succinctly, “Our government champions human rights around the world, insisting that other countries protect human rights, even imposing sanctions for a failure to do so. Our government is not as robust in protecting rights at home.”
Human Rights Violations in the United States of America—
1. 1.5 million people killed in firearms violence between 1968 and 2017 in the US.
2. More than 45,000 people were killed in gun violence in 2020 alone. 693 mass shootings in 2021 under Biden, up 10.1 percent from 2020.
— Aarti Tikoo (@AartiTikoo) June 4, 2022