Chennai. The Shri Ram Janmbhoomi Teerth Kshetra had announced a mass contact and contribution campaign for construction of the Ram Mandir in Ayodhya. Ram Janmabhoomi Mandir Nidhi Samarpan and Sampark Abhiyan was launched across the country on Makar Sankranti.
The abhiyan was inaugurated from all walks of life from Sants to eminent personalities to commoners by singing of bhajans and chanting Ram nama japam.
People from across the spectrum actively and enthusiastically took part in this abhiyan and done samarpan to their might with devotional fervour and commitment to Lord Ram. The news item of this abhiyan was covered widely in TN media.
Some of the experiences hereunder –
- Shri K Pandiarajan, Minister for Tamil Official Language and Tamil Culture contributed his part to Ram Mandir
- In Kallakurichi, Swamini Suddhananda Saraswathi Amma participated in collection drive campaign.
- Rithushree, a young student of class 1 of Tirupattur, happily contributed her small savings to Ram Mandir.
- In Ammampalayam, conservancy workers donated their contribution on their own to Sri Villiputhur Jeeyar Swamigal.
- In Pethanayakkanpaalayam, Attur Jilla when Ram Sevaks were on collection drive in Bazaar, even person in Barber Saloon, fruit vendor donated to Ram Mandir.
- Fish Market vendor also donated their hard earnings in Perambur, Chennai
- Interestingly in Mallasamudram, Namakkal District a small boy donated his earnings by selling amla. In yet another incident, 5 young boys came forward to participate in collection drive. Initially they took 10 books and finished collecting in a day and demanded for another 10 books for collection.
- In Virdhachalam, transgenders voluntarily participated and took part in door-to-door campaign
- In Kanchipuram, an old lady (Chinna Kuzhandai) who collect alms for her livelihood, gave Rs 20/= collected by her on that day towards her samarpan for Ram Mandir. While handing over the amount, she chanted Ram Nama Japam. This amount was considered as first samarpan for Kanchipuram district and announced in the function.
- A 12th class student in Tiruchengode gave samarpan of Rs 10,000/= from his savings
- In Paaraiyur village (Dharmapuri District), a few daily labourer women gave samarpan of Rs 200/= each, which they got as daily wages for their hard work for the day.
- In Neyveli, an old lady, who makes a living by selling vegetables, offered a sum of Rs 100/= for samarpan. A cobbler also offered his samarpan.
- Shri Muniyappan of Tirupattur (age 107 years), gave samarpan to our karyakarthas with a lot of devotion and pride.
- Family members of Late Ramachandran (former Sampark Pramukh of Perambur nagar, Chennai Mahanagar) made samarpan on the day of his first death anniversary.
- Shri Ramesh of Minnampally village saw Ram Sevaks during abhiyan and expressed his desire to do samarpan. He asked Ram Sevaks to wait, travelled 2 KMS in his bicycle to withdraw Rs 200/= from ATM and did his samarpan.
The above are a few drops of wonderful experience of Ram Sevaks during this abhiyan. People from all walks of life including celebrities, Carnatic music singers, actors, musicians, politicians cutting across party lines, and cutting across all religions, writers contributed their mite to the construction of Ram Mandir.
Time and again it is reiterated that Tamilnadu is a spiritual land of Sanatana Dharma and they always closely identify themselves with the sanatana dharmic principles and way of life.